I have now moved back to living onsite at the Winery – mind you I was never too far away before being just some 30km down the road at Seymour – and this was the first meal I prepared on my return. I found it delicious and I hope you find the same.
- 1 brown onion – peel, cut in half then medium slice
- 6 garlic cloves – peel and leave whole
- 1 celery stick – slice into 5mm pieces
- 1 red capsicum – remove seeds and cut into 8 pieces
- 4 large mushrooms – remove skin and slice each into 6 pieces
- 8 asparagus spears – snap off half of stalks
- 200ml chicken stock – warmed
- 1½tsp salt
- 1tsp ground pepper
- Small handful fresh thyme and oregano
Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
Lightly oil a lidded casserole pan and bring to medium heat.
Place the onion on the bottom and all other vegetables on top. Add salt, pepper and fresh herbs and then pour over the chicken stock.
Cover the pan with a piece of baking paper then the lid and place in the oven for 45 minutes.
Remove, plate up and enjoy!
If you are feeling adventurous we recommend adding in some homemade yogurt dressing and making a feast of it!